General Terms & Condition
I, RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
1. All tours are open for early booking, Travel Agency suggests that each passenger should book a tour at least 2 weeks before the departure date. Passengers are responsible for all visas, entry, health and other requirements and any document required by laws, regulations, orders and /or requirements of countries visited. All passengers traveling abroad require a Passport, valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their trip and with appropriate visas. Multiple-entry visas are required for some countries. It is the responsibility of each passenger to have a valid Passport and necessary visas, as well as to comply with entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited. Travel Agency is not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by passengers for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of countries visited.
2. A 50% deposit of the entire tour fee is required at the time the reservation is made. Full payment is required to pay 7 days prior to tour departure. All deposits and full payments are non-refundable and are not transferable to other passengers or another tour.
3. Travel Agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation should payment not be received within the above-specified periods, and all payments previously made will not be reminded under this circumstance.
4. Only cash, bank draft or certified cheque will be accepted for any payment made within 14 days of tour departure, personal cheque will not be accepted.
5. The prices of our packages include the contribution of travel agency customers to the OPC compensation fund, $1/$1000.
II. TOUR COST INCLUDES
1. Hotel accommodation as outlined in the itinerary or equivalent.
2. Transportation via flights, train, ferry cruise & coaches.
3. Tour guide: service on professional Chinese/English or French speaking tour guide.
III. TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
1. personal expenses and meals
2. Personal charges such as travel documents and visa fees
3. Travel insurance including medical and accidental insurance
4. Service fee for tour guide and driver, minimum $9 Canadian dollars in Canada and USD $9 in USA per day per adult and $7 per day per child (2-11 yrs old)
IV. SEAT ASSIGNMENT
1. All seats will be per-assigned after payment according to the date of reservation.
2. Due to Motor-coach insurance Policy, all passengers over 2 years of age must purchase a ticket in order to occupy a seat for the travel within Canada; and passengers for all ages (even under 2 years old) must purchase a ticket in order to occupy a seat for the travel to the USA.
V. CANCELLATION & CHANGE
1. Notice of cancellation and change must be made in writing to Concord Tours, and the following scale of charges will be applied:
- For circuits lasting less than 2 days or shorter, if the cancellation is sent to us in writing between 7 and 14 days before departure, 20% of the total price will be retained as a penalty.
- For long tours lasting 3 days or more, if the cancellation is made in writing between 20 and 30 days before departure, 20% of the total price will be retained as a penalty.
- For circuits lasting less than 2 days or shorter, all modifications (change the departure date or reduce the passenger numbers etc.) :
** If the modification has been sent to us in writing over 14 days or longer before the departure, 5% of the total price will be retained as a penalty. The difference must be paid at the time of modification.
** If the modification has been sent to us in writing between 7 and 14 days before the departure, 10% of the total price will be retained as a penalty. The difference must be paid at the time of modification.
- For long tours lasting 3 days or more, all modifications (change the departure date or reduce the passenger numbers etc.):
**If the modification has been sent to us in writing over 30 days or longer before departure , 5% of the total price will be retained as a penalty. The difference must be paid at the time of modification.
**If the modification has been sent to us in writing between 20 and 30 days before departure , 10% of the total price will be retained as a penalty. The difference must be paid at the time of modification.
- All requests for cancellations / modifications made less than 7 days before departure for short circuits (2 days or shorter) or all requests for cancellations / modifications made less than 20 days before departures for long circuits (3 days or more) are not refundable / nor modifiable.
2. These cancellation fees also apply to passengers who cancel the tour due to problems incurred from visa application.
VI, TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel Agency is not responsible for any accidents that occur on or during the tour. It is strongly recommended that passengers should buy travel insurance before departure. For more information, please consult our travel agent
1. Travel Agency acts only as an agent. We reserve the right to substitute hotels, and alter itinerary, withdraw any tour and make any desirable alteration for the convenience of the operation of the tour. Travel Agency reserves the right to cancel the tour prior to departure for any reason. By accepting tour policy, passenger should agree that Travel Agency shall hold no responsibilities in itinerary alterations, delays or cancellation strikes, sickness, theft, loss, accidents, weather or any other causes.
2. All baggage and personal belongings are at all times at the passengers' own risk. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors, as such, their security policies will be respected.
3. Travel Agency shall be responsible for the passengers for supplying the services and accommodations described in the brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of Concord Tour. In such circumstances, Travel Agency will do its best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
4. Passengers are responsible to observe the laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited. Travel Agency assumes no responsibility for any passenger rejected to enter the countries visited. In such circumstances, there shall be no refund for the unused portion of the tour.
5. Passengers are required to respect the tour schedule. Each passenger should get to the scheduled pickup point 15 minutes prior to the departure time. On or during the tour, if any one fails to show up on time, the maximum waiting time will be 15 minutes. If no show-up, unused services will be neither refundable nor exchangeable.
6. Travel Agency is pleased to accept requests of individual arrivals or departures for independent travelers, however, Travel Agency will not be responsible for any loss sustained by passengers for any missed portion of your or hotel accommodation caused by traffic delay or delay in any nature.
7. Travel Agency reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone who conducts himself or herself in such a way so that his or her behavior is disturbing to either the tour or other passengers to such as extent that could interrupt the tour. According, we are not responsible for passenger's conduct after the completion of the tour. Should any passenger be asked to leave the tour, the balance of the tour fee will not be refunded.
1. Travel Agency constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, Travel Agency reserves the right to make changes such as to vary itineraries, to substitute hotels, to cancel or re-schedule tour departure as deemed to be appropriate. Furthermore tour price will be adjusted according to the extension or abridgment of travel period. Passengers shall not use this as an excuse for an objection.
2. Tour prices are based on costs of airfares, hotel rates, transportation charges, admission fees, and exchange rates at time of press, said tour price might be subject to change without notice. Should any of these cost changes, Travel Agency reserves the right to adjust the tour price before tour departure, total amount of adjustment may up to 75%. Nevertheless, this does not apply to passengers with full payment at time of adjustment.
3. For USA tours, valid Passport (valid for 6 months after the return date) and valid visas (Canadian and American) are required (except countries in the Visa Waiver Program). The traveler who been refused entry by customs because of personal travel documents problems will be obliged to leave the group from U.S. border and the return fee will afford by their own.
Your reservation with us for all the tours confirms that you have read, understood and agreed to each and all of the above conditions and limits on responsibility.